The Bethany Chapel is open to the public during the work day at the new Pastoral Center. Mass is celebrated and Eucharistic Adoration takes place in the Bethany Chapel Monday through Friday after the 12:05 p.m. Mass. During Eucharistic Adoration, the Blessed Sacrament is exposed, and individuals are welcome to come to pray in the Sacrament’s presence. Please view the below schedule for Bethany Chapel:
- The Rosary is prayed every weekday morning at 8:40am
- The Angelus is often prayed immediately prior to Mass
- Mass is celebrated every weekday at 12:05pm
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation is offered on Thursdays from 12:45-1:45pm
- Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament takes place in the Bethany Chapel at 2:45 PM daily, Monday through Friday
- Eucharistic Holy Hour and Rosary to Pray for Priests is held every 3rd Thursday of the Month from 2-3pm in Bethany Chapel at the Pastoral Center. All are welcome!
Within the Bethany Chapel are 21 stained glass windows. All of the windows are from parishes that have closed and from a number of different geographic areas within the Archdiocese. The rose window is from Sacred Heart Polish Parish in Ipswich. Rose windows, named because the glass is arranged to resemble petals, were particularly prominent in French churches.
On each side of the crucifix are sets of window. Two sets of these are from St. Peter Parish in Gloucester. The two immediately next to the crucifix (which is from the chapel of the former chancery in Brighton) are depictions of St. Peter. On either side of the St. Peter windows are two sets of four windows, also from the Gloucester parish. All have religious or liturgical symbols. Finally there are two sets of windows from St. Jerome Parish, Arlington.