The Mission of the Office of Spiritual Life is to foster genuine spiritual renewal in the Archdiocese of Boston. Our mission is primarily implemented in the parishes, since Ecclesial renewal, by its nature, involved communities as well as individuals. We offer spiritual renewal by promoting the foundational elements of the Catholic spiritual tradition: a life of communion with God through Christ, that is rooted in Baptism, nourished by the Eucharist and the other Sacraments, guided by the Scripture, sustained by personal and liturgical prayer and expressed through service to others.
Please click on the following image to download the latest Office of Spiritual Life newsletter.
- 1975 – Cardinal Medeiros named Bishop John D’Arcy Auxiliary Bishop and Vicar of Spiritual Development
- 1977 – Bishop D’Arcy established the Office of Spiritual Development
- 1993 – The responsibilities of the Office of Evangelization Office of Spiritual Life were assumed by the Office of Spiritual Development
- 2006 – The Office of Spiritual Development was merged with the Office of Worship and was renamed the Office of Worship and Spiritual Life
- 2013 – The Office of Worship and Spiritual Life is reconfigured into two offices: The Office of Divine Worship and The Office of Spiritual Life