TITLE: Child Abuse Prevention (CAP) Team
OBJECTIVE: The purpose of the team is to create a community of support within each parish or cluster for the prevention of child abuse and neglect
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES MAY INCLUDE:
- Ensures that all parish staff and volunteers are fully trained in mandated reporting laws and the Protecting God’s Children program (VIRTUS).
- Acts as a resource to the parish on issues of child abuse and neglect.
- Responsible for training all new staff and volunteers in the parish.
- Hosts a parishioner information night to explain its role and function.
- Becomes a resource for feedback from the community on the effectiveness of the parish programs.
- Provides consultation and support to anyone in the parish who has concerns about reporting child abuse/neglect.
- Will be supported in its efforts by, and works in collaboration with, the Child Advocacy Office of the Archdiocese.
We anticipate 24-36 hours a year would be needed to fill this responsibility.
TRAINING AND SUPPORT:
* VIRTUS® 2 day training session.
* VIRTUS® online support
* Ongoing Support from the Office of Child Advocacy.