Campus Minister VI – Assistant Director of Peer Ministry (FT), Providence College, Providence, RI.
Assist in providing pastoral care to students within the Peer Ministry program and across campus. Creatively assist in the further promotion of the Peer Ministry program, focusing on hospitality, events and specialty small groups. Oversee student Peer Ministers. Aid in implementing the strategic plan for the Office of Mission and Ministry.
- Assist in the coordination of the Peer Ministry program, aimed at strengthening the spiritual lives of students through regular small-group faith sharing and ministerial formation.
- Assist in training, directing, forming and supervising Peer Ministers alongside the Director and Chaplain of Peer Ministry;
- Assist with recruitment, interviews and selection of Peer Ministry team alongside the Director and Chaplain of Peer Ministry;
- Assist in small group curriculum development in collaboration with Director and Chaplain of Peer Ministry as needed;
- Create and oversee specialty small groups including study abroad small groups and other niche small groups that meet student needs;
- Coordinate Peer Ministry wide events alongside student leaders with support from Director and Chaplain of Peer Ministry;
- Enhance program’s understanding of hospitality, working creatively to invite more student participation; Includes:
- Oversight of social media, online presence and digital communications.
- Coordination of Peer Ministry day retreat and/or other outreach events.
- Small group hospitality.
- Other creative means.
- Support the continued growth of the program and enhance student participation across all class years in creative and practically feasible ways;
- Assist the Chaplain in achieving the yearly and strategic goals of Campus Ministry.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Serve on committees as appropriate.
- Provide pastoral care to students directly by offering availability both in the Campus Ministry Center and across campus.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Campus Ministry to plan and execute Campus Ministry events, including but not limited to, assistance with retreats and other Campus Ministry wide events.
- Perform all other duties as may be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Graduate Degree in Theology, pastoral ministry, or related field from an accredited institution required.
- One-three years’ experience in college ministry or equivalent combination of educational experience preferred.
- Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing who is comfortable with, and knowledgeable about the faith.
- Possess good teamwork and communication skills. • Familiarity with the needs and interests of college students and a willingness to accommodate student schedules.
- Experience with outreach/evangelization.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, and other computer skills necessary.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
- Communication skills using the spoken word
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about
DISCLAIMER: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Interested candidates should click here.