A Catholic Approach to Palliative Care Video Series
We are pleased to present and offer for your use a video series from the Supportive Care Coalition, a national Catholic group that promotes palliative care of which the Archdiocese is a member. Cardinal Seán O'Malley offers an introduction to the videos and MC Sullivan, Chief Health Care Ethicist for the Archdiocese and Director of the Initiative for Palliative Care and Advance Care Planning, presents several of the videos.
The video series covers the Catholic Church approach to and teaching about palliative care and the issues facing the seriously ill and dying and their families. There are discussion guides available with each video. We encourage you to use them for in-person or virtual meetings in your parish education programs. If you would like someone from the Initiative for Palliative Care and Advance Care Planning office to facilitate or lead the program, please contact Diane McCarthy, Parish Education Coordinator at (617) 746-5732.
SCC Six-Part Video Series: “A Catholic Approach to Palliative Care”
- Palliative Care – The Best Possible Care for the Seriously Ill, Presented by MC Sullivan
- Advance Care Planning, Presented by MC Sullivan
- The Christian Roots of Hospice & Palliative Care, Presented by Darren Henson
- Living with & Caring for the Seriously Ill: Grounded in Baptism, Presented by Darren Henson
- Living with & Caring for the Seriously Ill: Nourished by Eucharist, Presented by Darren Henson
- The Spiritual Journey of Caregiving, Presented by Denise Hess