For recent updates from the Archdiocese of Boston, please navigate to: RCAB Risk Management|||||
- March 15, 2020 - Pastoral Center Closed March 16 & 17
- March 13, 2020 - Cardinal Authorizes Temporary Suspension of Mass in Response to COVID-19 Outbreak
- March 13, 2020 - Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Boston to Close for Two Weeks in Response to COVID-19 Outbreak
- March 13, 2020 - Cardinal's Message to Parishes
- Cardinal's Message and Guidance to the Archdiocese Regarding COVID-19 (Spanish, Portuguese and French)
- COVID-19 Guidance and Directives to Schools and Parishes
- Prayer Cards (USCCB)
As is the case with most of the world, we are monitoring all available information and guidance about COVID-19 (the 2019 Novel Coronavirus) to determine how it impacts the many activities conducted within and by the Archdiocese of Boston. In seeking how to respond properly, we will focus at all times on the health, safety and well-being of our faith community. While we are reassured by public health officials at national, state and local public health authorities that our country is at a relatively low risk from this virus at this time, we want to take advantage of that fact to prepare in the event that the situation changes.
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness, we are told, that presents with the same general symptoms as the common cold or the influenza infections that we commonly experience. Should you have questions about an illness you are, or someone you know is, experiencing, we encourage you first to contact your own health provider, and follow the usual practices of good hygiene, such as frequent handwashing (using hand sanitizers with 60% alcohol when soap and water are unavailable); protecting your coughs and sneezes with tissues disposed of immediately, or coughing into your elbow if tissues are not available; cleaning and disinfecting commonly used surfaces often; avoiding contact with people who are ill, if possible; and following other healthy practices of good diet, sleep and exercise.
For further information, we suggest that you frequently consult these websites where up-to-the-minute authoritative information is readily available:
- Center for Disease Control
- MA Department of Public Health
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- RCAB Risk Management
For additional information, please contact the Archdiocese of Boston.