Director of Parish Evangelization (FT), Diocese of Providence
This position is responsible for furthering the mission of the Roman Catholic Church pertaining to evangelization in the Diocese of Providence. The Director will utilize creative avenues to help the Diocese and parishes “re-proclaim” the Gospel of Jesus Christ through missionary discipleship. In conjunction with the Office of Faith Formation, the Director will work directly with pastors and parish leadership. The Director will organize at the parochial level ongoing training, projects and events focused on enhanced faith formation for parishioners, welcoming disaffected or fallen-away Catholics back to the Church, evangelizing non-Catholics, and invigorating parish life as a whole.
- Meet regularly with pastors and parish leadership to draft and implement opportunities for faith formation, renewal, and invigoration among parishioners.
- Develop evangelization training opportunities for parishioners on a regional and/or deanery level with the goal of forming them as missionary disciples in their local communities to bring back disaffected and non-Catholics to the Church.
- Develop creative opportunities for diocesan-wide or parish-based events aimed at evangelizing fallen away and non-Catholics with the goal of re-committing them to the sacramental life of the Church.
- Work in conjunction with Office of Faith Formation and Facilitator for Parish Evangelization in the implementation of the goals for evangelization as outlined by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Provide ongoing reports to and work directly with diocesan leadership regarding the implementation of evangelical goals.
- Maintain a working budget for office necessities as required.
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities
- Exceptional knowledge of the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and faithfulness to the Magisterium
- Strong creativity and ability to craft new programs and methods for evangelization
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to speak publicly and dynamically
- Outgoing and approachable, professional personality
- Must be able to deal with people on all levels. Self-motivated, passionate, and welcoming personality required
- Must be able to lead and function as part of a team, as well as ability to work with pastors at the parochial level
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Proficiency and creativity with new-media, including Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other instruments of modern communication
- Comfortable leading others in prayer
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends, depending on events or programs
Education, Training and/ or Experience:
- Must have accredited education (minimum B.A. or B.S.) and experience in faith formation, RCIA, or other parish or diocesan-based programs regarding evangelization, outreach, or mission. Masters or specialized degree in pastoral ministry or leadership from an accredited Catholic university preferred
- In addition to fluency in English, working proficiency in Spanish preferred
- Experience working with other cultures and multi-cultural ministries at parish or diocesan level preferred
Interested candidates may apply for this position by sending a resume and letter of interest to:
Director of Faith Formation
One Cathedral Square
Providence, RI 02903
Or via email at: [email protected]