Resources for the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation
- Study Groups
- Service Opportunities
- Liturgy Information
- News on the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation
- Interchurch Marriages
- Links in Churches, Arts, and Academia
Joint study groups are forming now with Lutherans, Catholics, and other Christians. You are invited! Please ask your pastor or email Scott Brill with questions.
Study Possibilities Include:
- Papal Encyclical "On Our Common Home" also known as "Laudato Si"
- From Conflict to Communion
- The Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification
Unite Boston has partnered with us to offer the following Service Suggestions:
- Look at your neighborhood and see what is a need which your joint group can meet.
- Simple ideas not requiring much planning include: Partnering with a Local Ecological Nonprofit, Trash Pick-ups, Joint Food Drive, Volunteering in a Community Garden, Prayer Walks, Teen Pizza Party or Ice Cream Social.
- Bigger Projects include: School/Church partnership (painting, cleaning, reading buddies, etc.), Outdoor Worship Service, Community Block Party.
The liturgical event to culminate this observance is scheduled for late 2017. You are invited!
Watch here for new information being added.
Lutherans, Catholics, and other Christians who would like to sing or otherwise participate please contact Scott Brill.
- Cardinal O'Malley, N.E. Lutheran bishop express hope for 'full unity' - The Boston Pilot, November 12, 2015
- Groups vow unity ahead of Reformation anniversary - The Boston Globe, November 12, 2015
- Declaration on the Way
Are you married to a Christian of another tradition? You have unique experience that can be helpful to others, and unique pastoral needs which deserve care. Please contact us at Scott Brill.