Instructions, Guidelines, and Resources
- The Holy See (The Vatican)
- The Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity
- The Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
- The Pontifical Commission for Religious Relations with the Jews
- The Pontifical Biblical Commission
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops homepage
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, Committee for Ecumenical and Interreligious Affairs
- The Catholic Near East Welfare Agency
- The World Council of Churches
- Massachusetts Council of Churches
- The Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Boston
- The Center for Christian-Jewish Learning at Boston College
- The Greymoor Ecumenical and Interreligious Institute
- National Association of Interchurch and Interfaith Families
Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
The traditional date for the annual Week of Prayer for Christian Unity is January 18 - 25, to cover the days between the feast of St Peter and the feast of St Paul. We encourage you to use the official resource material for various opportunities throughout the year to express the degree of communion which the churches have already achieved and to pray together for that full unity which is Christ’s will. See also “A Select Bibliography of Catholic Documents and Statements on Ecumenical and Interreligious Relations” especially “Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification” and also “Evangelicals and Catholics Together: The Christian Mission in the Third Millennium”
Ecumenical and Interreligious Affairs Periodicals List
- Mid-Stream: The Ecumenical Movement Today
Ecumenical and interreligious articles, Canadian Center for Ecumenism
- Ecumenical Trends
Documents and articles of ecumenical import. Published by The Graymoor Ecumenical and Interreligious Institute.
- Information Service of the Pontifical Council for the Promotion of Christian Unity.
Practically every Vatican document, promulgation, open letter, or address given on ecumenism.
Newspaper of the Massachusetts Council of Churches
Journal of Ecumenical Studies. Scholarly articles, both ecumenical and interreligious.
- Living City
Monthly magazine of the Focolare Movement, a Catholic organization concerned with unity on many levels.
Catholic News Service documentary service. Many important dialogue statements and press releases reproduced in full.
"Service International de Documentation Judeo-Chretienne"
High quality information, documents and book reviews pertaining to Jewish-Christian Relations. Published by the SIDIC center in Rome.
There are two sets of ecumenical guidelines which may be of interest.
- A general set of guidelines issued by the Vatican called Directory for the Application of Principles and Norms on Ecumenism. It is available online here.
- The Pastoral Guidelines concerning admission of Polish National Catholics to sacraments in the Roman Catholic Church are available here.
Official Catholic ecumenical resources are available from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Publishing Office
Ecumenical resources from the Massachusetts Council of Churches are available here