Evangelization Associate (PT), Our Lady of Good Voyage Shrine, Boston, MA
The Evangelization Associate at the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Voyage is a committed disciple of Jesus Christ and is knowledgeable about the Catholic Faith. This person is responsible for promoting an environment of hospitality and welcome, greeting those who come to the Shrine for liturgy, prayer, or just a visit. The EA will help organize and arrange liturgies, assist with sacramental preparation, and assist in the Shrine's spiritual, operational, and financial tasks, working collaboratively with other staff and personnel. An additional component of this position is outreach to the residents and businesses of the Seaport as a key part of the evangelizing mission of the Shrine. This position is part-time, benefits-eligible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evangelize: provide hospitality, welcome, and outreach to the Shrine community, business neighbors, and visitors
- Speak knowledgeably about the Faith and the teachings of the Church
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the Shrine
- Assist in Sacrament scheduling, often as the initial contact for those seeking the Sacraments at the Shrine.
- Assist Director(s) in managing, planning, and promoting special events at the Shrine and being present for the events
- Answer Shrine phone and respond to all voicemails and emails in a timely fashion.
- Pick up and handle mail from PO Box
- Process and log Mass stipend and sacramental offerings
- Handle Sunday Mass offertory collections, maintain the tracking log
- Assist with donation acknowledgments, as necessary
- Design and manage weekly bulletin content
- Manage Shrine website: write copy, keep pages up to date
- Manage Shrine social media pages: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Send monthly Flocknotes newsletter
- Update outdoor sign and narthex display screen as needed
- Ensure that the Shrine is clean and orderly
- Secure and lock the Shrine
LITURGICAL AND SPIRITUAL DUTIES:
- Prepare altar and vessels for Mass, Adoration, and other liturgical services.
- Assist at liturgical services, as necessary
- Be present with the community at Sunday liturgies and major feasts
- Schedule and record Mass intentions
- Facilitate monthly Young Adult meeting
- Liaise with Wedding Coordinator, Baptism Coordinator, and clergy
- Maintain database of liturgical ministers, and volunteers; organize the schedule for daily and Sunday Masses.
- Adapt Shrine environment for liturgical seasons
- Ensure proper care for all liturgical items including vestments, altar cloths, altar linens, sacred vessels, and seasonal decorations.
- Practicing Catholic, willing to engage in conversations about the faith and ready to respond accurately and authentically to questions about the faith
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Knowledge of, and skilled in using, social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel. Word, and Publisher)
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to project a professional and welcoming attitude with Shrine visitors
- Ability to work collaboratively with Shrine staff and other personnel
- Familiarity with the Archdiocese of Boston is helpful
- Strong service orientation
PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE ELEMENTS:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs
The duties and requirements described above are representative of those encountered during the performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]