Marriage Enrichment + Support
Taking the time to invest in your marriage is extremely important. The health of your relationship impacts your happiness and the well-being of any children. So, whether things are going well and you're just looking for an enriching experience or if you're having difficulties and are looking for help, we hope you find something here that may be of assistance to you.
National Marriage Week is just around the corner and includes World Marriage Sunday - February 13, 2022. This year’s theme is - Called to the Joy of Love. The following resources are for couples to use on their own or to include as part of a parish bulletin, website, or social media to mark the celebration.
- Set up a date night and include this “Relationship Check-In” by the Messy Family Project and Our Sunday Visitor. Click here for pdf.
Read and discuss 21 Undeniable Secrets to Marriage by Dr. Allen Hunt from Dynamic Catholic’s parish book program.
Read or listen together to The Discernment of Spirits in Marriage: An Ignatian Wisdom for Husbands and Wives by Fr. Timothy Gallagher.
Grow your love for your beloved by asking yourself these three questions over the course of at least a week from this simple book, The Secret of Growing True Love That Lasts by Jim and Carol Steffen:
Mon/Wed – How can I appreciate and value the one I love more today?
Tues/Fri – How can I please and surprise the one I love more today?
Thurs/Sat – How can I be closer to and united with the one I love more today?
- Visit the USCCB website here for parish resources in English and Spanish. Visit the associated site - Foryourmarriage.org - for articles and activities for marriage enrichment. For overcoming adversity support, visit here or contact us directly.
Love in a Lockdown: Communication and Conflict Resolution
Clinical psychologist Dr. Greg Kolodziejczak spoke to our guests during National Marriage Week, offering practical tools to improve couple’s communication and conflict resolution skills during the pandemic. To view the seminar, click here.
De Matrimonio Civil A Matrimonio Sacramental
Listed below are resources both online and locally which help support married couples in their vocation.
- 10th, 25th and 50th Wedding Anniversary Mass
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter
- Becoming Love Podcast
- Be Light Date Night Series and more by Witness to Love
- Raising 8 Podcast
If you are a Vietnamese couple interested in a Marriage Family Enrichment Program (MFEP) also known as Chuong Trinh Thang Tien Hon Nhan Gia Dinh (CTTTHNGD), see http://cttthngd.net for more information.
For Couples Having Difficulty
- USCCB website: Support for Troubled Marriages
- USCCB website: Finding Help When Your Marriage is in Trouble
- Retrouvaille website
For a list of Christian/Catholic counselors and resources within the Boston Archdiocese, please contact a Family Life staff member listed below.
Support for Those Affected by Separation and Divorce
- Visit our page for more information.
Director of Family Life & Ecclesial Movements
Family Life Consultant
Family Life Consultant