Any young person individually or as part of Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts or American Heritage Girls can learn more about their faith through retreats, religious patches, emblems and awards. To find out more, visit the Boston Catholic Committee for Scouting's website, bostoncatholicscouting.org or contact scouting liaison, Emily Elliott by email or phone at 617-746-5756.
If you are a troop leader, parent or volunteer and would like to be kept up to date on events, Boards of Review, Scouting Awards Mass, emblem training and more, sign up for our FLOCKNOTE by clicking here. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Upcoming Events and Deadlines:
- For the complete listing of 2018-19 Catholic Committee on Scouting Meetings, click here.
- Tuesday, September 25, 2018 – Emblem Training – 7:30 PM at the Pastoral Center, Braintree – Formal Dining Rm.
- Tuesday, October 2, 2018 – Emblem Training – 7:30 PM St. Mary Parish, 8 South Common Street, Lynn
- November 3, 2018 – Annual Scouts Retreat – 9:00 AM-4:00 PM at the Pastoral Center, Braintree – Flatley Board Room, 207 North, and 208 North. Register here.
Scouting Boards of Review
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019 – All Girl Scouts books due to Pastoral Center for Review
- Tuesday, March 26, 2019 – Boy/Girl Scouts Boards of Review – 7:00 PM at the Pastoral Center, 66 Brooks Drive Braintree – Main Lobby. Contact Jim Quinn (cell: 978-346-0072) to register.
- Wednesday, April 10 – All Scout program information due for Scouting Awards Mass.
Annual Scouting Awards Mass
The annual Catholic Scouting Awards Mass will be held on Sunday, May 19 at 2 p.m., location TBD. We encourage all Boy/Girl Scout troops and their families to join us for this special celebration.
Catholic Boy Scout Emblem Price Changes
Please allow for a three week turn-around between all Scouting emblem application submissions and the time of the emblem mailings.
The emblem distribution company, ESCO, Inc. recently raised the Boy Scout emblem prices. As a result, the new prices for the Boy Scout emblems are as follows:
- Pope Pius XII: $16.50
- Ad Altari Dei: $16.50
- Parvuli Dei: $15.00
- Light of Christ: $15.00
For more information on Boy/Girls Scout religious emblems, please visit bostoncatholicscouting.org or contact the following:
- Co-chair representing the Boy Scouts for the Catholic Committee on Scouting:
Jim Quinn 978-346-0072
- Co-chair representing the Girl Scouts for the Catholic Committee on Scouting:
Lois Abramo 508-528-3817
- Archdiocese of Boston Liaison for the Catholic Committee on Scouting:
Emily Elliott 617-746-5756