Marketing and Communications Manager (FT), Saint John’s Seminary, Boston, MA.
The Marketing and Communications Manager (MCM) works to increase the visibility and impact of SJS’ mission. This position will develop and manage the organization's social media outlets and digital strategy, aid in the preparation of communication materials targeting key external markets (dioceses, parishes, Catholic schools, etc.) and support internal stakeholders.
Direct digital platforms and social media presence: Maintain SJS’ website and generate content for social media channels to strengthen and grow audiences. Build those audiences towards the management of a vibrant and vocal on-line community that can be leveraged to support organizational outreach and fundraising targets and goals. Create and manage a holistic editorial calendar of social content that incorporates relevant third-party stories and original SJS content. Provide regular reporting on content performance and overall health of social channels.
Shape SJS Communications (internal and external): Issue a quarterly external (printed and electronic) and monthly internal electronic newsletters, annual report; produce and update SJS’ promotional materials (brochures, posters, banners, prospectus, etc.). Provide proactive solutions to the communication needs of internal stakeholders.
Writing, Editing and Content Creation: Manage a portfolio of content, including storytelling and thought leadership pieces. Work with SJS Faculty, Staff, Seminarians, Students, and Alumni to identify compelling storytelling opportunities and to publish original content. Conduct research, interviews, and site visits in service of creating materials that spotlight SJS work, partners, and impact.
Events: Manage, in collaboration with DoD and Manager of Annual Fund, production and implementation of SJS’ events – golf tournament, concerts, auctions, donor and alumni gatherings and.
- Craft messages that inspire philanthropic giving and engage donors and sponsors; assist with fundraising communications, including year-end appeal, giving days, managing ticket sales, online giving pages, and donor acknowledgments.
- Maintain communication platforms for telling and archiving stories in a strategic way and photo/video library that supports the various uses and organizational needs.
- Oversee deployment of digital communication assets for on-line fundraising, crowdfunding, and development related social and web campaigns.
- Assistance and participation in various special events annually; support special events with overseeing invitation and web design, speech writing, and donor relations.
- Monitor, track and analyze the effectiveness of communication activities and provide data driven strategies and tactics.
- Assure consistent communication of the internal and external image and position and ensure articulation of the desired image and position to all audiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- BA/BS degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Mail merge, Adobe, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with fundraising CRM software (Donor Perfect preferred).
- Highly organized with appropriate attention to detail, able to work independently and analytically on assigned projects to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience and skill in successfully planning, marketing, and managing programs, and events.
- Knowledge of technology, digital marketing/communications, or a combination of relevant work experience and education.
- Willingness to learn new tasks and help when needed across multiple departments.
- Exemplify a collaborative, team-oriented style, strong work ethic, build trust and engage in productive conflict resolution and change management.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with a subject line “Marketing and Communications Manager"