May 29 - Northeast Catholic Family Conference*
Braintree, MA -- On Sunday June 28, 2009 Cardinal Seán P. O’Malley will join with families from across the Archdiocese of Boston at the Northeast Catholic Family Conference. The event will take place at St. Mary’s Church, 145 School St, Waltham, MA from 1pm to 8 pm.
The Conference will feature music and programs for all adults, teens (entering Grades 9-12) and children (entering grades 1-8). Highlights of the day include Mass with Cardinal Seán, great speakers, teen program, children’s program, collecting food for the hungry, great music, and a Candlelight Rosary and procession to conclude the event.
“The theme of the Northeast Catholic Family Conference is Something Beautiful for God,” said Rev. Michael Harrington, Co-Director of the Office of Vocations for the Archdiocese of Boston. “Our hope and prayer is that through God’s mercy and love we can open the hearts and minds of all Catholic families to follow the Lord. In the past this has been a very successful event and families really enjoy the full day of activities and prayer.”
Everyone is welcome. To register or get more information for the Northeast Catholic Family Conference go to www.schoolofnazareth.org or email Fr. Mike Harrington at [email protected] or call 781-956-0548.
Speakers will include:
- Rev. Edward M. Riley, pastor at St. Joseph Parish in Holbrook, MA
- Missioneras Servidoras de la Palabra
- Marie Lucci - experience with a wide variety of Catholic teen and young adult ministries including Catholic Action and LifeTeen and who will be entering a religious community this fall to become a nun
- Joshua and Kerri Marmol - to speak on marriage and what it means to be a working Catholic
- yHope leaders of youth program & the yHope Singers (“Young Heralds Of Pauline Evangelization”)
- Sr. Kathryn James, fsp, a Daughter of St. Paul - to speak on living a fully human life.
1:00 p.m. Music and Registration Begins/ Visit to our Exhibits
2:00 p.m. Welcome by Fr. Harrington and Sung Daytime Prayer
2:30 p.m. Parents drop off Children and teens at their program area.
2:45 p.m. Workshop 1 for adults
4:00 p.m. Workshop 2 for adults
5:30 p.m. Mass with Cardinal Seán
6:30 p.m. Family Cookout/ Music and Worship
7:45 p.m. Candlelight Rosary and Procession