April 1, 2016 - With Mary: A Multicultural Pilgrimage for the Jubilee Year of Mercy
Braintree, MA (April 1, 2016) – This Saturday, April 2nd, Cardinal Seán P. O’Malley will lead a procession through the streets of the South End of Boston highlighting the Jubilee Year of Mercy in the Catholic ethnic communities. During this Second Sunday of Easter, also celebrated as Divine Mercy Sunday, this multicultural Marian procession will culminate at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross entering through the Holy Door of Mercy followed by various reflections and music including a talk by the Cardinal.
A capacity crowd is expected to fill the Cathedral as more than 35 buses will transport pilgrims from the various ethnic apostolates throughout the Archdiocese.
The program for the event:
- 2:30pm: Gather at the Cathedral
- 3:00pm: Multilingual Divine Mercy Chaplet
- 3:45pm: Procession through the Holy Door of Mercy
- 4:30pm: Program including a talk by the Cardinal, multicultural festival, refreshments and an opportunity for confession
- 7:30pm: Festival concludes
Ethnic communities expected to participate include:
- African American
- Cape Verdean
- Ethiopian/ Eritrean