October 5, 2018 - Superintendent of Catholic Schools Search Committee Named
Cardinal Seán P. O’Malley OFM Cap has announced the formation of a Search Committee to begin the process of naming a new Superintendent of Catholic Schools for the Archdiocese of Boston. The current Superintendent, Ms. Kathy Mears, recently announced that she will leave her position in June 2019 to return to Indiana to be closer to her family.
The Committee will be Chaired by Mr. Jack Regan. A distinguished attorney retired from WilmerHale, he has long been active in Catholic education in the Archdiocese of Boston, Mr. Regan serves as a trustee of the Catholic Schools Foundation, Board Catholic Schools Council and has previously chaired the Search Committee for the Superintendent of Schools for the Archdiocese of Boston.
The Committee brings together people with expertise in various facets of the fields of Catholic education, the needs of the divergent communities the Archdiocese serves and overall educational administration. Cardinal Seán is grateful for those who have accepted his request to serve the Church and the larger greater Boston community in this important task.
The Superintendent will oversee the second largest school system in the State of Massachusetts. Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Boston educate over 34,000 students in 112 schools. The schools offer a high-quality, rigorous education that is rooted in Catholic faith and values for students age 2.9 through grade 12. www.csoboston.com.
Membership of Search Committee Superintendent of Catholic Schools:
- Jack Connors, Chair for Campaign for Catholic Schools, Chairman Emeritus and Co-Founder, Hill, Holliday, Connors & Cosmopulos, Inc.
- Sr Gail Donahue, C.S.J. , Area Councilor, Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston
- Dr. Edward J. Gotgart, Retired and former Chief Operating Officer at Framingham Public Schools
- Beirne Lovely, General Counsel, Archdiocese of Boston
- Rev. John MacInnis
- William Mosakowski, Founder, President, and Chief Executive Officer of Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG)
- Rev. Joseph O’Keefe, S.J.
- Patty Weitzel O’Neil, Executive Director of the Roche Center, Boston College
- Hosffman Ospino, Professor, School of Theology and Ministry at Boston College
- Sr Karen Hokanson, S.N.D. , Associate Dean of Education, Chair of the Education Department and Assistant Professor of Education at Emmanuel College
- Grace Cotter Regan,President of Boston College High School
- Jack Regan (Chairperson), Retired, WilmerHale
- John Straub, Chancellor, Archdiocese of Boston
- Ingrid Tucker, Head of School, Cambridge Montessori School
- Most Reverend Peter J. Uglietto, Vicar General and Moderator of the Curia, Archdiocese of Boston
Individuals wishing to be considered for the position of Superintendent of Catholic Schools for the Archdiocese of Boston should send their resume to Stephanie Whelan at [email protected]