Holy Hour For Life
The Archdiocese of Boston Holy Hours for Life, Forgiveness and Healing are held annually in parishes in conjunction with the national observance of a Day of Prayer and Penance marking the January 22 anniversary of the Roe v Wade decisions legalizing abortion on demand in the United States. The Holy Hours for Life are coordinated by the Boston Deacons for Life in collaboration with the Office of Diaconal Life and Ministry & the Pro Life Office of the Archdiocese of Boston the Pro Life Office.
The bishops of the United States have established January 22 as a particular day of penance “for violations to the dignity of the human person committed through acts of abortion, and of prayer for the full restoration of the legal guarantee of the right to life.” General Instruction of the Roman Missal, no. 373
Please note that all parishes holding Holy Hours for Life will be abiding by COVID-19 safety protocols which are subject to last-minute changes if public health conditions warrant. This year, many parishes are offering live-streamed Holy Hours for Life where prayers of Adoration and thanksgiving can be prayed at home.
Contact: Pro Life Office 508-651-1900 or [email protected].
- Holy Hour for Life Poster
- Holy Hour for Life Sample Bulletin Notice
- Holy Hour for Life ENGLISH - PRESIDER and READER EDITION 2022
- Holy Hour for Life ENGLISH- PEW EDITION 2022
- Holy Hour for Life Suggestions for Deacon Presiders
- Hora Santa para la Vida_CELEB
- Hora Santa para la Vida_PEW
- Prayers of the Faithful (Spanish)
- Prayers of the Faithful (English)
Pro Life Office
Deacons for Life