Program Coordinator (PT), The Harvard Catholic Forum, Cambridge, MA.
The Harvard Catholic Forum provides lectures, panels, non-credit courses, and other programming in which the Catholic intellectual and cultural tradition engages academia, the professions, and the arts.
Time: This is an hourly, project-focused role for which time commitment will vary week by week. 10-12 hours per week is average, but seasonally (e.g., in summer) it may be less, and occasionally around events it may be more. Time can be planned around the Coordinator’s other deadlines, and if needed a cap on weekly or monthly hours may be agreed to.
Location: The coordinator would work remotely but would need to be in Cambridge for in-person events.
Reports to: Program Director
Compensation: hourly, determined based on education, skills, and experience.
The Program Coordinator:
- Oversees logistics of 7-9 events 9/1/2021-6/30/2022, lectures or panels, most of which will be in-person, at the St. Paul campus or in Harvard facilities, but also live-streamed and archived on the HCF YouTube channel. Some events may be Zoom/ livestreamed only. Operates or oversees others in operation of A/V, livestreaming, and Zoom as these may be used in various programs: planning, setup, functioning, takedown.
- For in-person events, oversees setup, takedown, and ticketing (if required). Plans and implements post-event receptions.
- Handles the planning and implementation of event marketing (emailings, web postings, posters, etc.)
- For out-of-town speakers, coordinates logistics of travel, lodging, and schedule.
- Coordinates event registration, follow-up surveys, continual building of constituent database. Maintains data and statistics on programs.
- Coordinates payment of speakers and vendors, including collection of W-9s; collects and files any necessary speaker permissions to record talks.
- Ensures that the HCF website is at all times accurate, functional, and of high quality. Coordinates with other staff on the composition and updating of web content and design.
- Interacts effectively with co-sponsoring organizations, speakers, technical personnel, and volunteers.
- BA or higher in any field as of May 2021.
- Experience in administration, organization of teams, and collaboration on projects with others; experience in the planning and logistics of events would be a plus.
- Ability to work with contact databases, as well as to plan, design and implement emailing campaigns and other forms of marketing/ outreach.
- Ability to work in an academic environment (esp. Harvard). Experience working with arts (esp. musical) organizations would be a plus.
- Familiarity with webinar tools like Zoom
- Working knowledge of Catholic teaching and interest in Catholic thought and culture.
- Good writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Practicing Catholic
Contact: Deacon Tim O’Donnell, Program Director. [email protected] 617-897-1148